In my last pre-wedding-hiatus post, I said it was super hot in the Northeast. Well, now it’s November and we’ve gone from oppressive heat and humidity to crisp & blustery. That means it’s time for hot chocolate.
Here’s a little recipe we came up with for easy 100 calorie hot chocolate that kicks the pre-made powder mixes up a notch.
Easy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons or 1/4 cup “no sugar added” hot cocoa mix (we used Swiss Miss Sensible Solutions)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, plus a sprinkle or two
- about 1 cup hot water, depending on the size of your favorite mug
- 1 tbsp vanilla flavored, no sugar added or fat free coffee creamer
- 1-2 tbsp light whipped cream
Boil the water. Put the hot cocoa mix in each cup and then add the 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Once the water has boiled, slowly pour it into the cup while stirring (this allows for max dissolving of the powder). Add the coffee creamer (or a little bit of vanilla extract and some skim milk), top with whipped cream, and sprinkle on a little more cinnamon. Light a fire and impress your significant other.